Monday, July 26, 2010

Can overfilling oil in atv damage valve seals??

I realized I way over filled my atv by over a quart. It ran ok for a bit but then it started to smoke whenever I got on it and now it smokes right away after starting (maybe 15 sec after starting).


I tore it all down and the rings look good but my one valve seal doesn't hold the valve(slips down if pulled up) could this be my smoke problem or is there something else I should look for. Would overfilling cause this??? Thanks!!Can overfilling oil in atv damage valve seals??
How many strokes is it?





It might not be a problem if you have a two stroke, but just one stroke gears would probably get damaged for the extra oil. But they build them with idiots using them in mind, most riders aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas Tree. So it'll run till the next time you need to oil it again. Make sure you read the manual if you're not sure, cause if you mess up the oil again, you could seriously damage it in the future.
  • eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment