Friday, July 23, 2010

I have a 1978 Yamaha DT. I am changing the fork seals, how much oil do I put in each fork tube?

it'll probably be hard to find a manual for that old a bike. i'd say get a measuring cup and drain all the fluid into it, recording how much came from each side. unless you had a severe seal leak it should be fairly close to how much you will want to replace in each side. just make sure if one has more than the other to go with the side that had more in it as your starting point. and also, make sure they are filled to the same level on each side.I have a 1978 Yamaha DT. I am changing the fork seals, how much oil do I put in each fork tube?
Call your local Yamaha shop and get the exact specs. You may have to call a few before you find one with a manual that old in there service dept. but if you don't get it right you'll hurt yourself.I have a 1978 Yamaha DT. I am changing the fork seals, how much oil do I put in each fork tube?
Always give year, make, engine size and model # when asking questions.


Yamaha made a DT100 - DT125 - DT175 in 1978 and every one has different forks.
you need fork oil generaly obout 4 to 5 oz just make sure to put even amounts in both sides you can take old car valve springs and put them on top of your old springs for extra stiffness you might have to cut them a bit good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment