Friday, July 23, 2010

Motorbike oil seals leaking for NO REASON!?

My motorbike passed an MOT last year, and then has sat in the garage all year having done only 10 miles. When I went to take it out for a new MOT, I found the front fork seals are badly leaking, which obviously weren't last year or they wouldn't have passed the test. My question: is it normal for oil seals to deteriorate without any use? Both seals are leaking just as badly. I had assumed the oil had just crept out slowly over the year (they are upside-down forks on a sports bike) but when I actually rode it, after a few miles I could see the amount of oil was quite great. Is this normal deterioration?Motorbike oil seals leaking for NO REASON!?
Seals can dry out without regular use. The petroleum inside help keep them moist.


Ride the bike more next time.Motorbike oil seals leaking for NO REASON!?
It's not unusual for them to deteriorate from non-use.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment